Our team of Cycling Queensland Commissaires donate their time and energy to ensure that the Lifecycle Classic is an enjoyable, fair and safe bike race. It’s the riders job to know the course, read the instructions, listen to their briefing, accept their handicaps and arrive on time.
Supporting your Commissaires is a team of volunteers and marshalls looking after registrations, set up, course safety, traffic marshalling, signs, transponders etc.
Lifecycle appreciate and thank all our Commissaires and volunteers.
|Race Co-ordinator||Chris Gibbs|
|Clerk of Course||Michael Farrington|
LIFECYCLE CLASSIC COURSE 2020
(76 kilometer Course – 2 Laps)
Refer to Map
How the Lifecycle Classic works:
- Groups leave at approx 2 min intervals. Riders with the largest handicap start first.
- Check your handicap to see which group you are in.
- The first group of riders will start at 10:30 at the Start/Finish line in Lindemans Rd.
- From 10:30 onwards the commissaires & marshalls start the groups in handicap order until the scratch group starts.
- Riders do 2 laps of the 37km course. The course basically turns left from Lowood to Fernvale. Then left into the Brisbane Valley Highway, over the Wivenhoe Dam, left into the Coominya Connection road, Left again into West Road Check your handicap to see which group you are in. The Classic is 2 laps of the circuit. Intermediate Sprint for 1st three places at end of lap 1 will be the start/finish line in Lindemans Rd. These riders must finish the race to claim their prize.
PILBEAM MINI CLASSIC RIDERS – C & D Grade WOMEN
(37 kilometer Course – 1 Laps)
Lifecycle is running the Pilbeam Mini Classic open to C & D Grade women. These grades will leave 3 mins after the tandem riders and finish after completing 1 lap.
C & D Grade women can choose the Pilbeam Mini Classic or the full Classic.
Marshalls will be at the finish line to separate these riders to keep the course clear for the riders doing 2 laps.